How To Select A Reputable Credit Repair Law Firm!
A credit repair law firm can help you with the legalities of repairing your credit score report and bring your attention to issues that you may not even know exist.
When you get overextended, you may consider the services of a credit law firm.
Many consumers find themselves in a situation where they owe a significant amount of money and may need help on debt negotiation and credit repair.
Learn How You Can Boost Your Credit Score, Call for a FREE consultation a paralegal is open to discuss your credit situation. 1-888-551-2845
Unfortunately, as with most things, there are bad credit repair firms lurking out there just waiting to take your money.
Here are some tips on picking a reputable credit repair law firm, choose wisely and act prudently.
The first thing you need to do is educate yourself a little so you know what you can expect.
1. Some negative items on your credit report cannot be legally removed by anyone, including you.
2. All items, positive and negative, on your credit report have to be accurate.
3. It is the responsibility of the credit reporting agencies to verify these items.
The three main credit reporting agencies are TransUnion, Experian and Equifax. These companies are not required to remove any negative items unless they are over 7 years old (10 years for bankruptcies).
If you don't think you have the time or energy to get a report and review it, a credit law firm may be the answer you are looking for. A reputable and trustworthy credit repair law firm will tell you:
- That if you are asked for a large sum of money up front - $1500 and up, just say no and walk away.
- There are things you can do for yourself for free.
- What your legal rights are.
- That you may contact a credit reporting agency directly.
In addition, a credit repair law firm that is NOT reputable may suggest these actions to you:
- Create a different credit identity using an EIN (Employer Identification Number) instead of your social security number. This is highly illegal in every state.
- Tell you to deny All accurate items on your credit report by sending letter after letter to the credit reporting agencies, even after the information was verified by the original creditor. Many of the credit reporting agencies may constitutes this as credit fraud and not take any action on you accounts at all.
The Credit Repair Organizations Act was enacted in 1996 to help protect consumers from fraudulent advertising or business practices by credit repair attorneys. This law states clearly what MUST be put forth in the written contract, including:
- The complete cost of the service with terms of payment.
- An accurate and detailed description of services that will be supplied.
- A timetable for completion.
- Whatever guarantees are offered.
- The name, address and contact information for the company.
These are the things you should look for when searching for a law firm. Be sure to know what your rights are and what can legally be done. In the end, it is your credit report that will be affected and your good name that will be cleared.
By gaining a little knowledge and knowing what to look for, you will be able to select a good, reputable credit repair firm or attorney. Credit repair can either fix your report or make it worse, depending on the company you choose. Choose wisely and act prudently.
While it is possible to repair your credit yourself, if you want to do it effectively then a law firm is required. A law firm is knowledgeable of the various laws that protect consumers.
They can use that knowledge to remove or modify various negative marks from your credit report. Our most recommended credit repair law firm, charges a small monthly fee. The amount that you will save in future interest rates by far compensates for this nominal fee. Start Repairing Your Credit, Today!
Learn how to improve your credit. Understanding how credit repair works is the first step to improving your credit and credit score.
Learn How To Boost Your Credit Score, Call for a FREE consultation a paralegal is open to discuss your credit situation. 1-888-551-2845
Return from Credit Repair Law Firm to Legal Credit Repair Services
Return from Credit Repair Law Firm to Credit Repair Specialist